Step 1.Uninstall unwanted and suspicious programs from Mac.
Open the Finder >> Go to the Applications folder >> Right-click on the unwanted apps and Click Move to Trash >> Enter your password if requested.
If you cannot find malicious programs, you can just continue the steps below.
Step 2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extensions From Safari / Chrome / Firefox.
Open Safari >> Click Safari menu button and choose Preferences >> Select the Extensions tab >> Select the unwanted extension and click Uninstall.
Open Firefox >> Click the menu button >> select Add-ons >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Run Chrome >> Click the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
In case the above steps fail to uninstall an unwanted extension, unwanted search engine or unwanted application, it might be associated with Adware, Hijacker or malicious program. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan entire Mac and see whether it will find potential threats:
(The below link will open a new page from where you can download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)
(Note – If you fail to access the download page, it might by blocked by your running antimalware tool due to Software Conflicts. Once that happens, PLEASE Turn Off the anti-malware tool Running on your computer, and then come back to this page to click the above DOWNLOAD link again.
1. Once Combo Cleaner Antivirus is installed, you can try the Uninstaller tool and see if it will uninstall the stubborn unwanted Apps:
2. You can run Antivirus app of Combo Cleaner to see if it will detect files of potential threats. If you want Combo Cleaner to solve the detected issues, you will need to purchase its full version.
Tips – How to Prevent Virus
To avoid the threat coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.