Do You Know How Dangerous the Alureon/TDSS Is?
According to our team’s researches on Alureon/TDSS virus, this Trojan Horse can be listed as Severe computer threat because it is able to open backdoor on your system silently and assist remote attacker and other infections invade your PC. Virus maker uses various ways to distribute Alureon/TDSS virus online secretly: First of all, Alureon/TDSS is packed in free download software, media file, game and torrents, once you open the free files, the Trojan takes its chance to get into your system at once; besides, it is embedded on ads or links on risky websites such as porn sites, if you visit such sites and click any thing, Alureon/TDSS can sneak into your PC also.
As we mentioned, Alureon/TDSS can permit remote access of infections and hacker, so how does it achieve that? Let’s reveal it clearly. Once the threat is loaded, your system Registry will become its first target. Alureon/TDSS hack in Registry to alter crucial system files to weaken system security, and then it adds malicious files to Registry to execute its tasks – building connection with remote server. It will establish a connection between your computer and remote server hosted by cyber criminal, thus more and more viruses and malware will be downloaded to damage your PC. Among the downloaded infections, a kind of backdoor trojan will be activated, thus hacker can use the security bugs caused by it to access your system remotely. In that situation, you not only have to sustain the poor system performance, but severe security risk on your privacy and files. If you want to avoid more troubles, it’s wise to delete Alureon/TDSS as soon as you detect it.
Scam Ads Generated by Alureon/TDSS
Other Problems Caused by Alureon/TDSS
1. It can make changes on your default system settings without permission
2. It will mislead you to phishing websites created to scam people
3. It generates a lot of ads to make your web browser out of function
4. It is capable of collecting your important information
5. It will cause system death or crash and other weird errors
6. It makes your PC a easy target for remote attacker
7. It helps hacker enter your system to steal your files
Alureon/TDSS Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of Alureon/TDSS with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete Alureon/TDSS Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of Alureon/TDSS with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the Alureon/TDSS manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during Alureon/TDSS manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove Alureon/TDSS safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall Alureon/TDSS and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Alureon/TDSS or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove Alureon/TDSS from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select Alureon/TDSS and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select Alureon/TDSS and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select Alureon/TDSS and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove Alureon/TDSS associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of Alureon/TDSS from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by Alureon/TDSS and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Alureon/TDSS>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete Alureon/TDSS with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove Alureon/TDSS completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
After SpyHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove Alureon/TDSS and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove Alureon/TDSS and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to Download RegHunter:
After RegHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Reghunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by Alureon/TDSS:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by Alureon/TDSS and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
Step 3 (Optional) – Re-scan your computer with 100% Free Avast Internet Security 2015:
In case the Alureon/TDSS virus still stays on your computer, please use free version of Avast Internet Security 2015 to scan your entire system and remove all detected threats. It can provides overall protection to your computer and secure your online activities and secure your privacy. Now download Avast Internet Security 2015 with 60 days free trail here:
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing Alureon/TDSS
To avoid Alureon/TDSS coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.