What is Eridanus?
Eridanus is nothing to do with the Microsoft office software, but it is an adware that displays numerous annoying ads disturbing you when you conduct online activities. It is not a benign software that does good on your PC. Our team has discovered Eridanus by mid-2015, and it has already be one of the top adware infecting people’s PC.
The pure goal of Eridanus is to earn money by affecting your PC and it makes money if it can redirect your link to its target websites and freeware. Therefore, it will release many types of tool to set you up. One of its tool is ads, and it appears in many forms such as banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text ads, video ads, sound ads, etc.. And especial popup of ads are really harmful. There are two types of popup ads in general. One is the fake updated link which will redirect to download the freeware to get commission and the other is tech support scam that elicit your money by fake system reports.
What’s more, Eridanus adware is able to hijack your browsers. It will produce browser hijacker to change your default homepage, replace the search engine, or monitor your online activities. It is not only harmful for your PC, but also for your money. It will hurt your feelings and faith.
If you don’t want to be affected by adware anymore, you would better to remove Eridanus right now. Please refer to the following steps and it will assist you.
Eridanus Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of Eridanus with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete Eridanus Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of Eridanus with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the Eridanus manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during Eridanus manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove Eridanus safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall Eridanus and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Eridanus or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove Eridanus from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select Eridanus and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select Eridanus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select Eridanus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove Eridanus associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of Eridanus from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by Eridanus and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\< Eridanus>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete Eridanus with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove Eridanus completely.
1. Click download button below to open SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Download Free Scanner button to get SpyHunter
3. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove Eridanus and hiding threats.
5. Click Fix Threats to remove Eridanus and other viruses completely.
(SpyHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for removing Eridanus and all detected threats.)
Step 2 – Get back you brand-new PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to open RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button to get RegHunter:
3. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by Eridanus:
5. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by Eridanus and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
(RegHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for fixing Registry and optimize your system.)
6. Now restart your system to complete the removal of Eridanus
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing Eridanus
To avoid Eridanus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.