As its name indicates, Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy is a kind of trojan which hijacks your system proxy to cause difficulties to you when you surf the Internet or have other daily operations. Our researchers have found that Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy has close relation with infections such as spyware, adware, browser hijacker and worm. It hides on freeware installation files, attachments of spam email, and ads links on porn websites, so it have lots of chances to enter your system.
Once Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy is activated along with system launch, numerous harmful tasks will be run underground without you knowledge. The major problem it causes is the Internet connection, it will make changes on DNS settings, proxy and browser settings to hijack your web browser with unwanted websites, decelerate your Internet speed, and even completely block your access to all kinds of websites. If it successfully makes your Internet unusable, it generate some fake warnings to tell you that your system is infected and you need to call a toll free to get tech support. Author of Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy then can cheat you buy fake tech service with several hundred bucks and even let them enter your system remotely. Don’t be scammed by such traps. What you need to do immediately is to take action to get rid of Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy.
Terrible System Performance Caused by Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy Virus
- 1. It slow download speed of entire system and makes everything difficult to respond
- 2. Annoying fake alerts and ads keep popping up to disturb you when you surf the internet
- 3. It damages your registry to make your computer filled with security exploits
- 4. It may disable many programs or even system functions of your computer.
- 5. It rediects you to dangerous websites conatining more infections
- 6. It silently permite remote access request to help unknown person enter your PC to steal your files
- 7. It uses advanced tracking technique to spy on your PC activities and get your priavcy
Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy completely.
1. Click download button below to open SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Download Free Scanner button to get SpyHunter
3. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and hiding threats.
5. Click Fix Threats to remove Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and other viruses completely.
(SpyHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for removing Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and all detected threats.)
Step 2 – Get back you brand-new PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to open RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button to get RegHunter:
3. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy:
5. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
(RegHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for fixing Registry and optimize your system.)
6. Now restart your system to complete the removal of Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy
To avoid Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.