Presentationhost.exe has been confirmed as severely awful Trojan infection that can weaken your firewall and help other infections attack your system to totally make it become a wreck. It spreads through spam email, torrent files, porn sites, and free apps. Once it gets a spot in your system, it creates redundant and junks files in random folder of your system to mess up everything.
Presentationhost.exe delete files and adds harmful files in Registry to make your system filled with bugs. Then your machine is just like a naked system without any protection, thus remote attackers have chance to transfer more threats to your PC. Behind your eyes, various threats such as adware, spyware and hijacker will installed and you have to suffer problems such as homepage hijacking, webpage redirecting, ads harassing, slow Internet speed and BSOD or system crash. If you leave it stay on your system, your personal information may even be collected by remote attacked due to Presentationhost.exe. To avoid other damages to your system and protect your precious data, you need to delete Presentationhost.exe immediately.
Bad Issus Caused by presentationhost.exe Virus
1. It can execute numerous harmful tasks to take up lots CPU and RAM space
2. It leads everything run slowly and causes system death or crash
3. It adds malicious browser extensions to present you endless ads and spam popups
4. It can get your PC infected with other infections like Spyware,Adware, Browser Hijacker and Ransomware
5. It causes malfunctions of many programs or system functions
6. It can be used to collect your privacy and personal information such as password, credit card information.
presentationhost.exe Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of presentationhost.exe with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete presentationhost.exe Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of presentationhost.exe with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the presentationhost.exe manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during presentationhost.exe manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove presentationhost.exe safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall presentationhost.exe and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click presentationhost.exe or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove presentationhost.exe from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select presentationhost.exe and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select presentationhost.exe and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select presentationhost.exe and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove presentationhost.exe associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of presentationhost.exe from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by presentationhost.exe and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<presentationhost.exe>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete presentationhost.exe with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove presentationhost.exe completely.
1. Click download button below to open SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Download Free Scanner button to get SpyHunter
3. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove presentationhost.exe and hiding threats.
5. Click Fix Threats to remove presentationhost.exe and other viruses completely.
(SpyHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for removing presentationhost.exe and all detected threats.)
Step 2 – Get back you brand-new PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to open RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button to get RegHunter:
3. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by presentationhost.exe:
5. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by presentationhost.exe and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
(RegHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for fixing Registry and optimize your system.)
6. Now restart your system to complete the removal of presentationhost.exe
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing presentationhost.exe
To avoid presentationhost.exe coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.