Do You Know How Dangerous the KMSPico Is?
KMSPico belongs to the category of PUP and it is always brought by freeware. As you know, adware is capable of producing various forms of ads, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari, and popup ads are the most common and notorious ones. It is able to diffuse as a system report so that users tend to believe in its content. And KMSPico popup is infected your PC with fake updated reminder.
In what ways for KMSPico appear on your PC?
KMSPico generally appears on your PC with three ways. They are spam email, porn websites, or freeware installation. With spam email, it always hides in the attachment with a startup program that will trigger the downloading and installing of adware and popup application. Some are brought by porn websites, and the buttons attached on the sites always link you to torrent file of popup program. And the most common way is that it will be packed with the third party application. Only if you miss a small detail when you install the applications, you will get a package of malware inside your PC.
What is the purpose of KMSPico?
KMSPico is a profits oriented application and all its conducts is for money. It sends you the updated requirement for some applications. For example, it will warn you that your Flash Media is required to be updated for better performance. But its link is far from the official one but with a bundle of freeware. The more you download the freeware, the more money it will get from their developer. Therefore, KMSPico will try every way to trick you to clicks it. If you don’t want to be the tool making money for KMSPico, you would better to get it deleted with the removal instructions here.
More Dangers Caused by KMSPico
- It makes your web browser unusable;
- It leads you to buy fake service from scam companies;
- It can help other threats invade your system;
- It can cause identity theft and make you suffer big financial loss;
- It can assist cyber criminal hack in your system to steal you files.
KMSPico Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of KMSPico with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete KMSPico Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of KMSPico with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the KMSPico manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during KMSPico manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove KMSPico safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall KMSPico and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click KMSPico or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove KMSPico from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select KMSPico and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select KMSPico and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select KMSPico and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove KMSPico associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of KMSPico from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by KMSPico and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<KMSPico>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete KMSPico with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove KMSPico completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
After SpyHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Note: If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it. SpyHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects malicious files, processes and registry entries, you can manually locate and remove them on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically remove the virus with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of SpyHunter will offers you unlimited one-on-one professional help for any malware related issue by its official PC expert.
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove KMSPico and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove KMSPico and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to Download RegHunter:
After RegHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Reghunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Note: If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it. RegHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects corrupted registry files and system errors files, you can follow the scan results to manually replace them with healthy files copied from healthy PC on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically fix the Registry and errors with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of RegHunter will offers you great features to optimize your system performance.
2. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by KMSPico:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by KMSPico and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
Step 3 (Optional) – Re-scan your computer with 100% Free Avast Internet Security 2015:
In case the KMSPico virus still stays on your computer, please use free version of Avast Internet Security 2015 to scan your entire system and remove all detected threats. It can provides overall protection to your computer and secure your online activities and secure your privacy. Now download Avast Internet Security 2015 with 60 days free trail here:
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing KMSPico
To avoid KMSPico coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.
This article should NOT be mistaken for being associated in any way with the promotion or endorsement of malware. The purpose of this article is to inform readers on the detection and removal of malware and should not be taken out of context for purposes of associating this website with malware, All information provided on this article is “as is” for educational purpose only.