Searchpage is a website acting as search provider, but its function is deficient and it can lead you to the results you are in need of. Besides, you will be mislead to some doubtful websites or to bring in malware, such as freeware, adware, shareware, spyware, and so on, and sometimes virus as well.
In fact, after our tech team checked it, we found that Searchpage should be kind of browser hijackers since it has all the traits of browser hijackers. After we determine its nature, it is easy for us to study it is whole feature.
We discovered that Searchpage, like most of the browser hijacker, has the ability control your browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari. And your default homepage and search engine are changed to Searchpage, and when you find it and you want to transform it back, you will find it by no means.
In this way, we can speculate that Searchpage browsers hijacker will later crash your PC. When you realize that it is harmful, you will first make up your mind that you should delete Searchpage immediately. But you can find it on your control panel. To avoid this happening, we recommend you following removal guides, and please check it.
Bad Issus Caused by Searchpage Virus
1. It can execute numerous harmful tasks to take up lots CPU and RAM space
2. It leads everything run slowly and causes system death or crash
3. It adds malicious browser extensions to present you endless ads and spam popups
4. It can get your PC infected with other infections like Spyware,Adware, Browser Hijacker and Ransomware
5. It causes malfunctions of many programs or system functions
6. It can be used to collect your privacy and personal information such as password, credit card information.
Remove Searchpage from Mac (Steps)
Step 1.Uninstall suspicious programs which may be related with Searchpage from Mac.
Open the Finder >> Go to the Applications folder >> Find suspicious apps and Click Move to Trash >> Enter your password if requested.
If you cannot find malicious programs, you can just continue the steps below.
Step 2. Delete suspicious extensions which may be associated with Searchpage From Safari / Chrome / Firefox.
Open Safari >> Click Safari menu button and choose Preferences >> Select the Extensions tab >> Select the suspicious extension and click Uninstall.
Open Firefox >> Click the menu button >> select Add-ons >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Run Chrome >> Click the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Step 3. Scan Your Mac to Find Out All Risks and Threats. (Highly Recommended!)
In case the above steps fail to remove Searchpage or any unwanted extension, search engine or application, you might need to find out and remove the hiding infections connected with them. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and see whether it will find out all threats for you:
(Note – If you fail to access the download page, it might by blocked by your running antimalware tool due to Software Conflicts. Once that happens, PLEASE Turn Off the anti-malware tool Running on your computer, and then come back to this page to click the above DOWNLOAD link again.
1. Once Combo Cleaner Antivirus is installed, you can try the Uninstaller tool and see if it will uninstall the stubborn unwanted Apps:
2. You can run Antivirus app of Combo Cleaner to see if it will detect files of potential threats. If you want Combo Cleaner to solve the detected issues, you will need to purchase its full version.
Tips – How to Prevent Virus
To avoid the threat coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.