Istartpage.com is caused by adware which serves as s main source for your PC system problems. And it is an profits oriented application. Its developers always have a business relationship with the owners of unknown and malicious sites and freeware. And that is the simple reason why it tries its best to harm your PC.
And then, if the sole goals of Istartpage.com is just for money, how could it damage your PC? Actually, sometimes it does not mean to do harm to your PC, but it is subsidiary effects; but sometimes your harmful PC is a tool for it to make money. In the first circumstance, the goal of Istartpage.com is to gain profits from the sponsored websites and freeware. And it will exert its best efforts to For example, it will display numerous istartpage.com ads in the forms of banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text ads, video ads, sound ads, etc..and when you are tempted to click it, you are redirected to visit suspicious websites or download the freeware. And then, when these items have cumulated to a certain amount, your PC crashed.
In the other case, istartpage.com hurts your PC intensively so that it can conduct scam to cheat you out of money. For example, it causes problems on your PC and then sends you alert of the issues, And it has always followed with the tech support service. In this way, you will pay for it with your own accord. But your PC is still faced with breakdown danger.
To avoid the crash of your PC, we think you would better to get rid of Istartpage.com from your PC immediately. Now, we create a series of removal guides so that you can do it successfully.
Terrible System Performance Caused by istartpage.com Virus
- 1. It slow download speed of entire system and makes everything difficult to respond
- 2. Annoying fake alerts and ads keep popping up to disturb you when you surf the internet
- 3. It damages your registry to make your computer filled with security exploits
- 4. It may disable many programs or even system functions of your computer.
- 5. It rediects you to dangerous websites conatining more infections
- 6. It silently permite remote access request to help unknown person enter your PC to steal your files
- 7. It uses advanced tracking technique to spy on your PC activities and get your priavcy
istartpage.com Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of istartpage.com with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete istartpage.com Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of istartpage.com with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the istartpage.com manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during istartpage.com manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove istartpage.com safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall istartpage.com and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click istartpage.com or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove istartpage.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select istartpage.com and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select istartpage.com and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select istartpage.com and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove istartpage.com associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of istartpage.com from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by istartpage.com and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<istartpage.com>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete istartpage.com with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove istartpage.com completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove istartpage.com and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove istartpage.com and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to Download RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by istartpage.com:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by istartpage.com and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
5. Now restart your system to complete the removal of istartpage.com
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing istartpage.com
To avoid istartpage.com coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.