Do You Know How Dangerous the DNSUnlocker Is?
DNSUnlocker is a very common adware that is capable of entering your PC without any permission. When you notice that there are lots of “ads by DNSUnlocker”, “ads from DNS-Unlocker” or “brought by DNS Unlocker” bombarding your PC, you have reasons to suspect that your PC is infected by DNS Unlocker. And most of the case, it is right.
DNSUnlocker is brought by some unknown third party applications by the means of bundle. When you install the target software without notification of installation clause, you many have adware installed on your computer. Once it happens on your PC, it is hard for you to get rid of it.
Ads by DNSUnlocker are annoying, and its danger degree can be classed as “severe”. It will begin to spy on your online activities when you run software online. It can control your browser, as well as your computer. It can escape from your eyes by hiding as a browser add-ons, extensions, plungin, and so on. All your privacy, including topics in your chatting with friends, searching records, shopping goods, etc. And your registration information in Facebook, Twitter, or even credit card and ebank, are under its surveillance . As a result, not only your computer but also your financial status are at risk.
It is not easy for you to remove DNSUnlocker completely without experts’ opinions. And it can rekindle its life with a small part of leftovers. For your convenience, we provide you with the following DNSUnlocker removal steps, and hope it can help you get it deleted.
DNSUnlocker Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of DNSUnlocker with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete DNSUnlocker with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of DNSUnlocker with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the DNSUnlocker manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during DNSUnlocker manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you get rid of DNSUnlocker safely and easily with DNSUnlocker scanner.
Step 1 – Uninstall DNSUnlocker and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click DNSUnlocker or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove DNSUnlocker from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select DNSUnlocker and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select DNSUnlocker and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select DNSUnlocker and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove DNSUnlocker associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of DNSUnlocker from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by DNSUnlocker and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<DNSUnlocker>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete DNSUnlocker with SpyHunter
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove DNSUnlocker completely.
1. Click download button below to open SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Download Free Scanner button to get SpyHunter
3. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove DNSUnlocker and hiding threats.
5. Click Fix Threats to remove DNSUnlocker and other viruses completely.
(SpyHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for removing DNSUnlocker and all detected threats.)
Step 2 – Get back you brand-new PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to open RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button to get RegHunter:
3. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by DNSUnlocker:
5. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by DNSUnlocker and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
(RegHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for fixing Registry and optimize your system.)
6. Now restart your system to complete the removal of DNSUnlocker
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing DNSUnlocker
To avoid DNSUnlocker coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.