All about HTA Extension Virus
HTA Extension Virus is a notorious ransomware that is out of dictate. So you could not expect it to obey any rules and you cannot accuse it. The conducts of HTA Extension Virus are always the same and it is generic. It will encrypt all the items on the PC so that nobody can open them. But users will find something dazzling in the middle of this mess. And it requires users to follow the steps to give money for exchanging decryption key. If not, users should face with forsaking these things.
HTA Extension Virus provides a bad barter which will not achieve win-win. Instead, after the money is checked on account, it could celebrate its victory and give a fake key. While users will also find that the problems unsolved but they suffer money lose. Some users try to uninstall HTA Extension Virus from their PC, but they find a lot security software are dysfunctional and the items cannot be recovered. So they are subjected to seek help from HTA Extension Virus again.
If you have encountered with HTA Extension Virus, a great deal of malware will converge on the PC. As it could control the PC, it is most probably to set a backdoor to your computer for its malicious partners. All of them will have a outlet on your computer and make them wrecked. If you don’t want to be dimwit and be fooled by HTA Extension Virus, you should go with the instructions here which will assist you to get rid of it. Please try the methods in the following context.
HTA Extension Virus Removal Instructions
Plan A – Delete HTA Extension Virus Automatically and Recover the Infected Files (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan B – Get Rid of HTA Extension Virus with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Click the Tabs Below to Choose Plan A (Auto Removal) or Plan B (Manual Removal)
Plan A – Delete HTA Extension Virus Automatically from Windows PC
Automatic Removal is an PC security solution that relies on Professional Anti-malware Tools. It is always the best, fastest and safest way for PC users to beat computer virus and malware. We recommend all PC users choose this easy way to remove HTA Extension Virus and any other PC threats:
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove HTA Extension Virus completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove HTA Extension Virus and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove HTA Extension Virus and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegCurePro.
1. Click download button below to Download RegCurePro:
2. Run RegCureProSetup to install RegCurePro:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Click to Scan to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by HTA Extension Virus:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Fix All to fix Registry corrupted by HTA Extension Virus and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
Step 3 Try to Recover Your Corrupted Files with Stella Windows Data Recovery Tool.
1. Click the button below to download Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery , and Double-click installation file “Stellar_WinDataRecovery_Home “ to install it:
2. Once installed, click Scan Now button to detect the infected files :
3. Once it complete the scan, please select the file types you want to recover and then click Recover button:
Step 4 Save back your important files from HTA Extension Virus with Data Recovery Pro:
Note – File-encrypting ransomare such as HTA Extension Virus was designed with various malicious codes, if you want to rescue your files, you need to try you luck with different tools, now install Data Recovery Pro to detect your files:
– Click the button below to download and install Data Recovery Pro:
– Click START SCAN to find all types of your files:
– Select your file and click RECOVER to fix them:
Note: This guide is only provided as an reference to help you get rid of HTA Extension Virus ransomware to make your PC healthy and prevent new files being infected. We do not guarantee that the software or tools listed in the article can restore your files encrypted by HTA Extension Virus. The virus is the worst ransomwre in the history, and its damages to every computer is different, thus not all the users can be lucky enough to get files back. Best wishes to you.)
Plan B – Get Rid of HTA Extension Virus with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the HTA Extension Virus manual removal, please confirm the following things:
1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually;
2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts;
3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake;
4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during HTA Extension Virus manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan B will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan A which helps you detect and remove HTA Extension Virus safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegCurePro.
Step 1 – Uninstall HTA Extension Virus and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click HTA Extension Virus or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove HTA Extension Virus from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select HTA Extension Virus and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select HTA Extension Virus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select HTA Extension Virus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove HTA Extension Virus associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of HTA Extension Virus from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by HTA Extension Virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<HTA Extension Virus>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Even though you can remove HTA Extension Virus from your computer, the encrypted files will still cannot be accessed, so you still need to rely on professional Data Recovery Tools. Here we recommends two great tools for you:
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing HTA Extension Virus
To avoid HTA Extension Virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.
This article should NOT be mistaken for being associated in any way with the promotion or endorsement of malware. The purpose of this article is to inform readers on the detection and removal of malware and should not be taken out of context for purposes of associating this website with malware, All information provided on this article is “as is” for educational purpose only.