Do You Know How Dangerous the Ransom_wcry.sm2 Is?
Ransom_wcry.sm2 is identified as a type of Ransomware virus activated by Trojan horse. It is designed by hacker who aims to encrypt your personal files and take them hostage to force you to buy the decryption key which costs a bomb. Ransom_wcry.sm2 can get into your computer through many ways, among which the major ones are spam email attachment and free download files and porn websites’ links. Once you open or click them, Ransom_wcry.sm2 will be downloaded and hack your entire system.
Ransom_wcry.sm2 has ability to encrypt almost every type of files, such as JPG, PNG, AVI, MKV, MP3, GIF,XML DOCX, PDF and TXT. In case it infects your files, you cannot open any of them at all. What you will get is a txt file, a html webpage icon or a BMP image that urges you to pay the ransom fee. Ransom_wcry.sm2 usually warns that you only have 24 or 48 hours to buy the decryption key, and any delaying after the limited time will make you lose all your files forever. Lots of victims can do nothing but to pay the money because their files are so important, but please not that you are making deal with cyber criminal, who may not keep its words to recover your files even though you send money to them. It’s lots of money, we do not recommend giving the money to such evil criminal. And there is another risk, that is identity theft. The hackers who created Ransom_wcry.sm2 are able to hack into your banking accounts or other crucial accounts when you follow their messages to pay money. It is a huge risk to you.
If you want to restore your files from Ransom_wcry.sm2, we strongly recommend you to find some top-class tools made by famous company such as Stella, which may repair your files. So, now the first thing you should do is to get rid of Ransom_wcry.sm2 from your system first, and then recover your files with good tools. Our tests have shown that SpyHunter can remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 virus completely and avoid new files being infected, download it to cure your computer and then try your luck with Stella to repair the corrupted files.
Ransom_wcry.sm2 Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of Ransom_wcry.sm2 with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete Ransom_wcry.sm2 Automatically and Recover the Infected Files (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of Ransom_wcry.sm2 with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the Ransom_wcry.sm2 manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during Ransom_wcry.sm2 manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegCurePro.
Step 1 – Uninstall Ransom_wcry.sm2 and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Ransom_wcry.sm2 or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select Ransom_wcry.sm2 and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select Ransom_wcry.sm2 and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select Ransom_wcry.sm2 and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of Ransom_wcry.sm2 from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by Ransom_wcry.sm2 and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Ransom_wcry.sm2>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete Ransom_wcry.sm2 with Infections Quick Removal Tool and Recover the Infected Files
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove Ransom_wcry.sm2 and other viruses completely.
Step 2 Try to Recover Your Corrupted Files with Stella Windows Data Recovery Tool.
1. Click the button below to download Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery , and Double-click installation file “Stellar_WinDataRecovery_Home “ to install it:
2. Once installed, click Scan Now button to detect the infected files :
3. Once it complete the scan, please select the file types you want to recover and then click Recover button:
Step 3 Save back your important files from Ransom_wcry.sm2 with Data Recovery Pro:
Note – File-encrypting ransomare such as Ransom_wcry.sm2 was designed with various malicious codes, if you want to rescue your files, you need to try you luck with different tools, now install Data Recovery Pro to detect your files:
– Click the button below to download and install Data Recovery Pro:
– Click START SCAN to find all types of your files:
– Select your file and click RECOVER to fix them:
Note: This guide is only provided as an reference to help you get rid of Ransom_wcry.sm2 ransomware to make your PC healthy and prevent new files being infected. We do not guarantee that the software or tools listed in the article can restore your files encrypted by Ransom_wcry.sm2. The virus is the worst ransomwre in the history, and its damages to every computer is different, thus not all the users can be lucky enough to get files back. Best wishes to you.)
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing Ransom_wcry.sm2
To avoid Ransom_wcry.sm2 coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.
This article should NOT be mistaken for being associated in any way with the promotion or endorsement of malware. The purpose of this article is to inform readers on the detection and removal of malware and should not be taken out of context for purposes of associating this website with malware, All information provided on this article is “as is” for educational purpose only.