Hicosmea appears like a help for the internet shopping, however it is not ture. Hicosmea is nothing to do with helping your PC. After our group has examined on PC security issue, we found that It is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which is normal yet unsafe.
Hicosmea, as a normal PUP, can do mischief to your PC, as well as harm your own ID. In what capacity would it be able to accomplish it without your consent? In the first place, it will stow away on your browsers and hijacker it obviously. It changes your browser setting for the security alarm and debilitates its firewall protection. Hence, it is simple for it to acquire freeware or adware, or even virus. Thus, your PC is harmed along these lines.
Second, Hicosmea carries on its principle behavior: showing noxious ads. It is irritating, as well as harmful. It sends the various ads with proposed substance procured by checking your PC online conducts. Also, when you tap on it, you will be diverted to an obscure sites and brought more adware on your PC. In this circle, you are set in.
Third, Hicosmea can keep an eye on your PC and your security can not escape from damage. The most harming impact of Hicosmea is to bring about protection failure, with which your Visas, records and e-banks are no more sheltered.
We firmly recommend you to get Hicosmea uprooted at this time, and the rules here are for your reference.
Troubles Made by Hicosmea
- It alters your browser settings and avoids you changing them back
- It modifies DNS configuration and blocks you accessing most of legitimate websites
- It may communicates with remote server to install more malware in your computer silently
- It messes up your Registry and degrades your computer performance strikingly
- It installs malicious browser extension to generate annoying pop-ups
- It redirects you to other phishing sites which may steal your privacy
- It facilitates remote hacker to invade your system without permission
Hicosmea Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of Hicosmea with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete Hicosmea Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of Hicosmea with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the Hicosmea manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during Hicosmea manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove Hicosmea safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall Hicosmea and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Hicosmea or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove Hicosmea from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select Hicosmea and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select Hicosmea and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select Hicosmea and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove Hicosmea associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of Hicosmea from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by Hicosmea and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Hicosmea>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete Hicosmea with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove Hicosmea completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove Hicosmea and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove Hicosmea and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to Download RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by Hicosmea:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by Hicosmea and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
5. Now restart your system to complete the removal of Hicosmea
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing Hicosmea
To avoid Hicosmea coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.