Specific Hazardous Feature of MaskSearch.com
MaskSearch.com is a nasty redirect virus which used by cyber criminal to hijacker your browsers and redirects your homepage and search engine to its site. To gain an access on target PC, MaskSearch.com hides in spam email, freeware installer and porn site, when you access to the mentioned resources, it enters your PC to take over your web browsers. Once activated, MaskSearch.com alters your browser’s default setting silently. Thus when you try to open homepage on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and IE, or use your Google, Yahoo or Bing to do a search, you will be forcefully redirected to MaskSearch.com, which is unsafe search tool that only provides results relate to its sponsors’ products. Some other worse things you have no awareness are that this infected will silently install some other viruses in your system, which will facilitate the hacker to collect your confidential information such as banking account and password, completely invading your privacy. We can 100% confirm that MaskSearch.com will cause security issues to your PC and your privacy, in order to protect your precious data and computer, you need to completely get rid of it immediately with no hesitance. Read this guide to get rid of MaskSearch.com virus now:
Other Problems Caused by MaskSearch.com
1. It can make changes on your default system settings without permission
2. It will mislead you to phishing websites created to scam people
3. It generates a lot of ads to make your web browser out of function
4. It is capable of collecting your important information
5. It will cause system death or crash and other weird errors
6. It makes your PC a easy target for remote attacker
7. It helps hacker enter your system to steal your files
MaskSearch.com Removal Instructions
(Windows OS) Plan A – Get Rid of MaskSearch.com with Manually (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
(Windows OS) Plan B – Delete MaskSearch.com Automatically from Windows PC (Easy and Safe For All PC Users)
(Mac OS) Plan C – Remove MaskSearch.com Automatically from Mac OS Computer (Easy and Safe For All Mac OS Users)
(Windows OS) Plan A – Get Rid of MaskSearch.com with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the MaskSearch.com manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during MaskSearch.com manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove MaskSearch.com safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall MaskSearch.com and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click MaskSearch.com or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove MaskSearch.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select MaskSearch.com and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select MaskSearch.com and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select MaskSearch.com and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove MaskSearch.com associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of MaskSearch.com from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
2. Locate and remove registry files created by MaskSearch.com and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<MaskSearch.com>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete MaskSearch.com with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Part One – Delete MaskSearch.com Automatically from Windows PC
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove MaskSearch.com completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
After SpyHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Note: SpyHunter`s free version will help you detect malicious items on your system for free. Based on the scan results it provides, you can choose to manually locate and remove the threats by yourself if you are computer specialist; And you can choose to let SpyHunter help you automatically remove the virus by purchasing its full version license. FYI, the full version of SpyHunter will offers you unlimited one-on-one professional help for any malware related issue by its official PC expert. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove MaskSearch.com and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove MaskSearch.com and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to Download RegHunter:
Note: If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it. RegHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects corrupted registry files and system errors files, you can follow the scan results to manually replace them with healthy files copied from healthy PC on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically fix the Registry and errors with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of RegHunter will offers you great features to optimize your system performance.
2. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by MaskSearch.com:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by MaskSearch.com and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
Step 3 (Optional) – Re-scan your computer with 100% Free Avast Internet Security:
In case the MaskSearch.com virus still stays on your computer, please use free version of Avast Internet Security to scan your entire system and remove all detected threats. It can provides overall protection to your computer and secure your online activities and secure your privacy. Now download Avast Internet Security with 60 days free trail here:
Part Two – Remove MaskSearch.com Automatically from Mac OS Computer (Easy For All Mac OS Users)
In case your system has been attacked by MaskSearch.com and other infections, MacKeeper will be the easiest and fastest way to clean up them and cure your Mac.Mackeeper is a reliable and powerful Mac protection and optimization software which helps you keep your Mac clean, fast and safe. Mackeeper is one of the best Mac OS security software designed to offer Mac users with best experience. Mackeeper has received great reputations from its users and it is winning trust from more and more users. As a 16 in 1 application is the most advanced way to care for your Mac. It is worth to get it. Follow steps below to delete the threats now:
1. Download and Install MacKeeper by clicking the image below:
2. Once MacKeeper is installed, use the Find & Fix feature to check the status of your Mac and remove all infections and fix all problems:
3. If the Find & Fix did not solve all issues, you can use the Geek on Demand feature to get a Apple expert to help you as an personal assistant. The Apple Certified Support Professional expert will provide solutions for any technical problem, whether a minor nuisance or a catastrophic failure.
Mackeeper is a package of 16 applications, you can get almost all necessary tools for your Mac and everything will become easy and convenient on your machine. Here are some powerful tools packed in MacKeeper:
Internet Security – Protect your Mac from identity theft fraud (phishing), malware, spyware, adware, viruses and identity theft while using the Internet.
Files Recovery – Deleting files does not necessarily mean losing them forever. Now you can recover even after they are deleted from the trash.
Files Finder – Search and quickly find any lost or misplaced file, even without knowing what folder is.
Disk Usage – Look at the size of the folders on your hard drive to see at a glance which folders take up more space.
Anti-theft – If you steal your Mac, theft continues its location and even makes a snapshot of the thief with iSight.
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing MaskSearch.com
To avoid MaskSearch.com coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.