Capricornus is a very common potentially unwanted program (PUP) which can’t be detected easily for normal software. And it will do nothing good to your PC and we always call it adware. in general, Capricornus will disguise as a very helpful shopping assistances and when you are doing shopping or even in every online activities, it shows up and shows you the most favorable coupons or discounts with the key words you used. And when you click it and discover they are always the fake links, it is too late as you have been set up and your PC is not safe anymore.
Capricornus has the ability to spy on your moves and then extract the information which is up to their interest to carry on the scam as mentioned above, and it is always with the form of banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text ads, video ads, sound ads, etc.. Therefore, we can clarify Capricornus as a malware. The fake links will deceive you into bring in more harmful adware and sometimes even virus. once your PC is infected with adware, you get chance to infect with everything later.
The goal of Capricornus is so pure and it just works for money. when you are visiting its sponsor’s sites or bringing in application, you get money accordingly. And if it wants to elicit more money from you, it will carry on another harms. If you have been worried about Capricornus already and want to get rid of it, please check the instructions here.
Troubles Made by Capricornus
- It alters your browser settings and avoids you changing them back
- It modifies DNS configuration and blocks you accessing most of legitimate websites
- It may communicates with remote server to install more malware in your computer silently
- It messes up your Registry and degrades your computer performance strikingly
- It installs malicious browser extension to generate annoying pop-ups
- It redirects you to other phishing sites which may steal your privacy
- It facilitates remote hacker to invade your system without permission
Capricornus Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of Capricornus with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete Capricornus Automatically with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of Capricornus with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the Capricornus manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during Capricornus manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove Capricornus safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegHunter.
Step 1 – Uninstall Capricornus and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Capricornus or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove Capricornus from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select Capricornus and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select Capricornus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select Capricornus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove Capricornus associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of Capricornus from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by Capricornus and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Capricornus>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete Capricornus with Infections Quick Removal Tool
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove Capricornus completely.
1. Click download button below to open SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Download Free Scanner button to get SpyHunter
3. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove Capricornus and hiding threats.
5. Click Fix Threats to remove Capricornus and other viruses completely.
(SpyHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for removing Capricornus and all detected threats.)
Step 2 – Get back you brand-new PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to open RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button to get RegHunter:
3. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by Capricornus:
5. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by Capricornus and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
(RegHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for fixing Registry and optimize your system.)
6. Now restart your system to complete the removal of Capricornus
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing Capricornus
To avoid Capricornus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.