Do You Know How Dangerous the History Open extension Is?
History Open extension is never a good thing to your web browser or computer. It is connected with Adware used to display annoying ads and malicious popup Window and it cheats you to download the sponsored freeware to get commission. If the popup Windows keep appearing on your PC, you are inevitable to fall into the trap.
How was History Open extension brought into your computer?
History Open extension comes to your PC with spam email, freeware and porn website. As you know, adware aims to infecting your PC with tens of thousands of ads. This ads are not just annoying, but also very dangerous since each contains a scam. And if you are not enough careful just for a while, you may take the chance to fall into the trap.
History Open extension producers are packed with the third party application. When you download unknown application from malicious sites, you most probably have adware inside your PC. And if you get adware, it is not wired for popup ads appearing on your PC as popup ads are the most common and notorious form of ads.
As mentioned above, the fake updated requirements from History Open extension will link you to download malicious freeware. These freeware is not dangerous itself, but when it all cumulated on your PC, your PC operation will be affected and later, the whole system will be damaged. On the other hand, if it is able to bring in freeware, then so as the virus. When virus enters your computer, it is not just the system security problem, but also the privacy and financial safety issues. To a voice there issues erupting on your PC together, you would better to delete History Open extension immediately. And we suggest you to follow the steps here.
The annoying traits made by History Open extension
1. It connects malicious server to download more infections into your computer secretly
2. It will casue system crash or death and damage computer programs
3. It changes homepage of web browser and prevents user from modifying it
4. It redirects your web searches to advertising or phishing websites
5. It helps cyber criminal steal some important information of your computer
History Open extension Removal Instructions
(Windows OS) Plan A – Get Rid of History Open extension with Manually (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
(Windows OS) Plan B – Delete History Open extension Automatically from Windows PC (Easy and Safe For All PC Users)
(Mac OS) Plan C – Remove History Open extension Automatically from Mac OS Computer (Easy and Safe For All Mac OS Users)
(Windows OS) Plan A – Get Rid of History Open extension with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the History Open extension manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during History Open extension manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove History Open extension safely and easily with SpyHunter and RegCurePro.
Step 1 – Uninstall History Open extension and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click History Open extension or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove History Open extension from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select History Open extension and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select History Open extension and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select History Open extension and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove History Open extension associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of History Open extension from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by History Open extension and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<History Open extension>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
(Windows OS) Plan B – Delete History Open extension Automatically from Windows PC
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove History Open extension completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove History Open extension and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove History Open extension and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegCurePro.
1. Click download button below to Download RegCurePro:
2. Run RegCureProSetup to install RegCurePro:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Click to Scan to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by History Open extension:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Fix All to fix Registry corrupted by History Open extension and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
Step 3 (Optional) – Re-scan your computer with 100% Free Avast Internet Security:
In case the History Open extension virus still stays on your computer, please use free version of Avast Internet Security to scan your entire system and remove all detected threats. It can provides overall protection to your computer and secure your online activities and secure your privacy. Now download Avast Internet Security with 60 days free trail here:
(Mac OS) Plan C – Remove History Open extension Automatically from Mac OS Computer (Easy For All Mac OS Users)
In case your system has been attacked by History Open extension and other infections, MacKeeper will be the easiest and fastest way to clean up them and cure your Mac.Mackeeper is a reliable and powerful Mac protection and optimization software which helps you keep your Mac clean, fast and safe. Mackeeper is one of the best Mac OS security software designed to offer Mac users with best experience. Mackeeper has received great reputations from its users and it is winning trust from more and more users. As a 16 in 1 application is the most advanced way to care for your Mac. It is worth to get it. Follow steps below to delete the threats now:
1. Download and Install MacKeeper by clicking the image below:
2. Once MacKeeper is installed, use the Find & Fix feature to check the status of your Mac and remove all infections and fix all problems:
3. If the Find & Fix did not solve all issues, you can use the Geek on Demand feature to get a Apple expert to help you as an personal assistant. The Apple Certified Support Professional expert will provide solutions for any technical problem, whether a minor nuisance or a catastrophic failure.
Mackeeper is a package of 16 applications, you can get almost all necessary tools for your Mac and everything will become easy and convenient on your machine. Here are some powerful tools packed in MacKeeper:
Internet Security – Protect your Mac from identity theft fraud (phishing), malware, spyware, adware, viruses and identity theft while using the Internet.
Files Recovery – Deleting files does not necessarily mean losing them forever. Now you can recover even after they are deleted from the trash.
Files Finder – Search and quickly find any lost or misplaced file, even without knowing what folder is.
Disk Usage – Look at the size of the folders on your hard drive to see at a glance which folders take up more space.
Anti-theft – If you steal your Mac, theft continues its location and even makes a snapshot of the thief with iSight.
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing History Open extension
To avoid History Open extension coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.