What is 2048 Extension?
2048 Extension can be classified as potentially unwanted program (PUP) as it owns the whole traits of adware. But it is more malicious as it is designed more better that it can be brought in easily but removed difficulty. 2048 Extension will case unsafe issues on your PC and also it can be used by criminals so we recommend you to remove it right now.
2048 Extension enters on your Chrome with permission while you install freeware, and when you notice it you will find that it cannot be removed normally. It is going on a road to destroy your PC.
First of all, 2048 Extension begins to release browsers hijacker to change your settings which can be carried on without your notice. When you found that your default homepage and search engine are changed, and it indicates its scam begins. Second, 2048 Extension will release the make-up ads and it is the main job of a ad support application. These ads surge every corner of your PC and you have no idea what will happen if you click the links. Normally, you are led to the suspicious sites or freeware installation. Last but not the least, 2048 Extension is also able to detect your information including your accounts, passwords, your ID , your phone number, and even your signature. And you can imagine what will happen later to your bank account and social medium.
No matter which step it reaches on your PC now, you would better begin the removal step. And here is the 2048 Extension removal guides to help you.
Troubles Made by 2048 Extension
- It alters your browser settings and avoids you changing them back
- It modifies DNS configuration and blocks you accessing most of legitimate websites
- It may communicates with remote server to install more malware in your computer silently
- It messes up your Registry and degrades your computer performance strikingly
- It installs malicious browser extension to generate annoying pop-ups
- It redirects you to other phishing sites which may steal your privacy
- It facilitates remote hacker to invade your system without permission
2048 Extension Removal Instructions
(Windows OS) Plan A – Get Rid of 2048 Extension with Manually (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
(Apple Mac OS) Plan C – Remove 2048 Extension Automatically from Mac OS Computer (Easy and Safe For All Mac OS Users)
Click the Tabs Below to Choose Plan A, Plan B or Plan C
Attention, Please! For the safety of your computer, before you start the 2048 Extension manual removal, please confirm the following things:
1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually;
2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts;
3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake;
4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during 2048 Extension manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you detect and remove 2048 Extension safely and easily with professional security tools.
|Click Here to Automatically Get Rid of 2048 Extension with Professional Anti-malware Tool|
Step 1 – Uninstall 2048 Extension and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click 2048 Extension or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove 2048 Extension from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select 2048 Extension and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select 2048 Extension and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select 2048 Extension and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove 2048 Extension associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of 2048 Extension from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by 2048 Extension and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<2048 Extension>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Automatic Removal is an PC security solution that relies on Professional Anti-malware Tools. It is always the best, fastest and safest way for PC users to beat computer virus and malware. We recommend all PC users choose this easy way to remove 2048 Extension and any other PC threats:
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove 2048 Extension completely.
1. Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter :
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove 2048 Extension and hiding threats.
4. Click Fix Threats to remove 2048 Extension and other viruses completely.
Step 2 – Maximize performance of your PC with RegCurePro.
1. Click download button below to Download RegCurePro:
2. Run RegCureProSetup to install RegCurePro:
3. Once the installation finishes, please click Click to Scan to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by 2048 Extension:
4. Once the scan finishes, please click Fix All to fix Registry corrupted by 2048 Extension and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
Step 3 (Optional) – Re-scan your computer with 100% Free Avast Internet Security:
In case the 2048 Extension virus still stays on your computer, please use free version of Avast Internet Security to scan your entire system and remove all detected threats. It can provides overall protection to your computer and secure your online activities and secure your privacy. Now download Avast Internet Security with 60 days free trail here:
(Mac OS) Plan C – Remove 2048 Extension Automatically from Mac OS Computer (Easy For All Mac OS Users)
In case your system has been attacked by 2048 Extension and other infections, MacKeeper will be the easiest and fastest way to clean up them and cure your Mac.Mackeeper is a reliable and powerful Mac protection and optimization software which helps you keep your Mac clean, fast and safe. Mackeeper is one of the best Mac OS security software designed to offer Mac users with best experience. Mackeeper has received great reputations from its users and it is winning trust from more and more users. As a 16 in 1 application is the most advanced way to care for your Mac. It is worth to get it. Follow steps below to delete the threats now:
1. Download and Install MacKeeper by clicking the image below:
2. Once MacKeeper is installed, use the Find & Fix feature to check the status of your Mac and remove all infections and fix all problems:
3. If the Find & Fix did not solve all issues, you can use the Geek on Demand feature to get a Apple expert to help you as an personal assistant. The Apple Certified Support Professional expert will provide solutions for any technical problem, whether a minor nuisance or a catastrophic failure.
Mackeeper is a package of 16 applications, you can get almost all necessary tools for your Mac and everything will become easy and convenient on your machine. Here are some powerful tools packed in MacKeeper:
Internet Security – Protect your Mac from identity theft fraud (phishing), malware, spyware, adware, viruses and identity theft while using the Internet.
Files Recovery – Deleting files does not necessarily mean losing them forever. Now you can recover even after they are deleted from the trash.
Files Finder – Search and quickly find any lost or misplaced file, even without knowing what folder is.
Disk Usage – Look at the size of the folders on your hard drive to see at a glance which folders take up more space.
Anti-theft – If you steal your Mac, theft continues its location and even makes a snapshot of the thief with iSight.
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing 2048 Extension
To avoid 2048 Extension coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.