What is DNS Unlocker?
It is sure that DNS Unlocker, as an adware program, will not provide you the best deals when you sopping online. As our IT teams have studies adware applications for many years, we confirm that DNS Unlocker belongs to be one of them and will do harm to your PC systems.
Adware, like DNS Unlocker, is always packed with the third party application. When it enters your computer, its main agenda is to release thousands of ads to your computer annoying you whatever you carry on. The more ads you get, the more change your will open the fake link which is a door led to the fraud or malicious freeware. Far worse, it will spy on your PC and you online activities. Once you bring it on your computer, your operation can never escape from it. All your privacy will be exposed and served as a key to your accounts, including credit card, e-bank, alipay, or Pay Pal. You will suffer not only privacy leakage but also financial lose.
DNS Unlocker send you ads for free, but it can get the payment from the sponsored websites by calculating clicks. And also, the owners of the freeware will also pay the developers of DNS Unlocker for the downloading and installing. Moreover, some illegal actors will also use it to cheat users’ money or rob users. Therefore, the adware will do everything to set you up for money.
All in all, the best way to prevent your computer from harm is to clean all the adware, especially DNS Unlocker. We provide the removal guides here to assist you.
DNS Unlocker Removal Instructions
Plan A – Get Rid of DNS Unlocker with Manual Solution (Only For PC Experts with Top Techniques)
Plan B – Delete DNS Unlocker with SpyHunter (Easy For All PC Users)
Plan A – Get Rid of DNS Unlocker with Manual Solution
For the safety of your computer, before you start the DNS Unlocker manual removal, please confirm the following things: 1. You have rich experience for removing virus and malware manually; 2. Your PC techniques reach the level of PC experts; 3. You are very familiar with Registry and clearly know that what severe consequence may occur for your mistake; 4. You are able to reverse the wrong operations during DNS Unlocker manual removal. If you do not fulfill the above conditions, Plan A will be risky option for you. Our tech team strongly suggested you to choose Plan B which helps you get rid of DNS Unlocker safely and easily with DNS Unlocker scanner.
Step 1 – Uninstall DNS Unlocker and all malware from Control Panel.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Click Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click DNS Unlocker or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall:
Step 2 – Remove DNS Unlocker from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select DNS Unlocker and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
On Firefox: Open Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > select Add-ons > select DNS Unlocker and unwanted extensions and add-ons > remove it with Disable or Remove button.
On IE: Open Internet Explorer >click Tools > click Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> select DNS Unlocker and unwanted extensions and add-ons > click Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to remove DNS Unlocker associated hijacker)
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > select A specific page or pages under “Open with” > select Custom to type your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Click More (…) > click Settings > Click View advanced settings > Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> type your favorite search engine >click Add as default.
Step 3 – Delete malicious files of DNS Unlocker from Registry.
1. Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Input “regedit” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Registry:
3. Locate and remove registry files created by DNS Unlocker and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<DNS Unlocker>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random
Plan B – Delete DNS Unlocker with SpyHunter
Step 1 – Start a scan with SpyHunter to remove DNS Unlocker completely.
1. Click download button below to open SpyHunter :
Note: Spyhunter’s free version is only used to detect threats on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you no longer keep SpyHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Download Free Scanner button to get SpyHunter
3. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install SpyHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Start New Scan to search and remove DNS Unlocker and hiding threats.
5. Click Fix Threats to remove DNS Unlocker and other viruses completely.
(SpyHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for removing DNS Unlocker and all detected threats.)
Step 2 – Get back you brand-new PC with RegHunter.
1. Click download button below to open RegHunter:
Note: RegHunter’s free version is only used to detect registry errors on your PC, if you want to fix the detected errors, you will need to purchase the full version of RegHunter. If you no longer want to keep RegHunter on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.
2. Click Free PC Diagnosis button to get RegHunter:
3. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to install RegHunter via its installer:
4. Once the installation finishes, please click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to search damaged registry files and system errors caused by DNS Unlocker:
5. Once the scan finishes, please click Repair All Errors to fix Registry corrupted by DNS Unlocker and optimize system to make it run as a new system:
(RegHunter only offers free diagnosis, you need to purchase the full version for fixing Registry and optimize your system.)
6. Now restart your system to complete the removal of DNS Unlocker
Warm Reminder – Something You Should Know After Removing DNS Unlocker
To avoid DNS Unlocker coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
– You should always choose Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.